This will be short post, but a helpful one.
When most people work with their breath, the take deep, long inhales and exhales. This effects the body in many helpful ways. There is another type of breathing work, however, and it has its own benefits.
It will raise your spiritual and animal awareness, activate your body and mind into an alert mode.
To do this type of breathing work, follow these simple steps (carefully, doing too much could also be bad for you). Following these steps will help you to make this Rita safely.
Sit in a comfortable position if possible, as if you were about to mediate.
- Make the Hands of the Way and state your intent that the energy you are about to use is for the purpose of heightening your spiritual and your animal senses.
- Take one, slow and long deep breath in, visualizing an energetic light being absorbed into your nostrils. Breath slowly, and focus on the sensation of the air as it enters you. Pay attention to each sensation, in your nose, your throat, your chest.
- Slowly, exhale this breath while humming in a soft, low voice. Feel the vibrations in your throat and/or head (this will depend on how high or deep your voice is).
- Repeat this step a few times until you feel you are ready and relaxed enough to continue.
- Begin breathing in and out rapidly, counting on each inhale and each exhale. Count to ten. Number one should be an inhale, 2 an exhale, 3 another inhale, and so on. All the way to ten. Each breath in and out should be quick, almost as if hyperventilating. once you have reached ten, draw in a long, slow inhale and hold it for the count of three, then exhale it slowly until the air in your lungs is emptied.
- Repeat again, breathing quickly in and out to the count of 10, and then slowly taking in a long inhale and holding it to the count of 3, and then slowly exhaling it again.
Repeat Step #2 as three times. Your body should feel tingly, as your nerve senses and mental awareness have just been heightened. You have activated the spiritual and animal senses in your at a heightened level by reminding them of their need for survival.
This state brings you closer to Karichna and therefore closer to Sayari. Your body is using more energy now, and is therefore more energized. Your brain will function better for a time and be more capable of percieving things. Your alertness will increase, and so will your blood pressure.
This is a way of taking control of your vehicle and the systems that cause it to perform various functions and activating them at will. Eventually, through practice and paying attention to the sensations your body feels as you go through the process of activating this state you will be able to activate this state without the breath work.